Specialist One 2 One dog walks from an experienced professional.
No Crates or Car Journeys
If your dog is reactive towards other dogs and therefore needs walking on their own with a sympathetic and experienced dog walker, then I can help.
Or are they an older dog who now prefers to take things at a steady pace?
Perhaps you have a youngster needing appropriate individual attention?
Walking the dog is supposed to be an enjoyable pastime, but if you’ve lived with an aggressive or lead-reactive pet, you will know that it’s not always the case. Do you find yourself apologising for your noisy, snarling dog, or end up hiding behind trees in the park while another dog passes by?
There are many reasons why sometimes it’s best to walk a dog alone. Perhaps your pet is older and unable to keep up with the more energetic pups, or they may not feel comfortable around other dogs.
Benefits of One-to-One Walks
- Allows your pet to walk at their own speed, which is more beneficial for an older dog
- Individual walks will give your dog undivided attention, stimulation and playtime.
- A fantastic way to tire out boisterous and energetic breeds
- More suitable for dogs who prefer their own company
- Regular One-to-One Walks will introduce a tailored routine they are more comfortable with and will be happier.
- Your dog receives heaps of affection and quality time while their “parent” is at work.
We can arrange our One-to-One walks on a regular daily basis or as a one-off event when you aren’t able to walk your pet. While walking your dog, they will come across other dogs, humans, and perhaps even other animals, not to mention scents and noises that they probably haven’t experienced before. The aim of our walks is to not only exercise your dog but also to encourage confidence and to help him to be more relaxed and balanced.
What we Offer
- We will collect your dog from your home on foot and return him after a walk – No Cars No Vans just local walks.
- We do not advertise that we are dog walkers so better for security.
- We try and vary our routes so potential dog thefts don’t know our routine.
- Our walks are normally for a one-hour period but can be for longer if requested.
- We cater to the precise needs of your dog with a tailored walk.
- We provide quality walk time in a stimulating, pleasant and safe outdoor setting.
- Masses of playtime and (with the owner’s consent) time off the lead
|We have a boxer Oscar who really looks forward to his weekly walks with Derek. We have used Finchley dog walking services for over a year now and have found Derek to be very reliable, understanding, and always willing to give time to chat about healthy eating, treats he makes himself, and dog behaviour. Juliet, North Finchley N12|
If your dog has any behavioural problems, we can work on their aggressive or reactive actions. I use positive training methods, working together and with understanding to diminish any outbursts and symptoms of underlying negative emotions, such as trauma, unease, or fear.
Finchley Dog Walker is supported by Tip Top Dog School and also follows the Professional dog walker guidelines
Solo Dog Walking Services
Step 1 Consultation meet and greet
I will visit your home at a pre-arranged time, to introduce myself to both you and your dog. We will discuss your expectations and requirements for our dog walks.
Step 2 Dog walking programme
Based on our discussions, I will put together a walking plan and decide routes to provide fun and safe walks for your dog, of course ensuring that we follow a consistent routine of rules.
Step 3 On our way
We will begin our walks, picking up your dog from your home. I place emphasis on enriched walks with games and exercise routines such as find it to keep him occupied, so he isn’t thinking about cyclists, cars, people and other dogs, or anything else that your dog has an issue with. Our ongoing training will help to condition your dog and change the way that he thinks about anxieties and irritants and to prevent the lunging and barking problems.
Step 4 You return home to a relaxed and happy pet
Your dog will have had his daily exercise and will be tired and relaxed. You don’t have to tackle an anxious walk around the park with a dog who is usually reactive.
Finchley Dog Walker understands that group socialization is important for all canines, but we are also aware that in some cases, solo dog walks are a better solution. If you feel that your dog would benefit from a Solo Dog Walk, please contact me to discuss or request further details.
Finchley Dog Walker has support from Tip Top Dog School www.tiptopdogschool.co.uk
Take a look at our Reactive Dog Article
Here at Finchley Dog Walker, we operate a flat rate for PAYG services of £10 for 15 minutes of dog walking, £15 for 30 minutes, and £20 for 60 minutes.