A pleasant Saturday Morning Walk around North Finchley
A favourite walk of ours is within easy reach of Finchley and after a short walk you would think you were in the country surrounded by trees, fields and spotting horses and cows
- Start from Waitrose in Ballards Lane N12 8NR, https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Waitrosefirstname.lastname@example.org,-0.179525,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xda6704465d9765fa
- Turn down Alexandra Grove towards Argyle Road
- A short way down Argyle road you will see two entrances (just before the roundabout) take the entrance on the left heading towards Barnet
- Follow this short pathway along to the next road (Southover) and cross over. (At this point the signs will send you down by the Old Boys sports club as it is the Barnet Route) instead, open the double gates in front of you and continue your walk.
- At the end of this field, you will come across a row of residential back gardens and the path goes to the left which goes onto Longland Drive, go to the right and cross the brook via the two plank bridge, then turn left on the other side.
- Follow this path which runs alongside the brook until you come to a T junction. The right the path goes up to the Orange Tree pub ( really nice for a Sunday afternoon drink) The left the path rambles through Totteridge fields
- If you go straight on through into the woods you will come upon Darlands Nature reserve, a great place for rambling. If you keep bearing left you will get to a long path that runs from Whetstone to Mill Hill.
- Once you reach this path turn left towards the farm making sure you stay on the path –do not wonder off onto the fields as this is a working farm. This path eventually comes out by Finchley Nurseries. Remember to keep your dogs under control and on lead
- At the nurseries bear left and follow the road to the bridle path (Please be aware of horses – dogs on lead for safety). Carry on along the bridle path.
- At the end of the path, you can go through the gate which takes you back to the Cherry Tree Pub path and you can return home the way you came or you can turn right which leads to Partingdale Lane.You can pick up the brook down by Finchley Golf course and into Finchley Central