Finchley Dog Walker, first and foremost, understands that your dog is more than just a pet!
I realise the utmost importance of my clients being confident that they will be leaving their pets in good hands. This is where my philosophy comes from – I always treat your pet as one of my own when in my care. Happy, content dogs result in happy owners. I aim to ensure that your dog thoroughly enjoys his time with us and is entertained and exercised. My overall ethos is to offer a professional service to my customers that will ensure your peace of mind.
At Finchley Dog Walkers, we acknowledge that there is more to walking dogs than may be immediately obvious to a pet owner. There is quite a difference between a professional, reliable, competent dog walking company and someone just throwing a lead on a couple of dogs and heading out for a walk. I am fully insured for all eventualities and registered with NARPS UK, the national body created to ensure that the escalating numbers of pet sitters and professional dog walkers adhere to strict codes of practice. I am also first aid qualified to attend to people and dogs, so rest assured, your dog is in very safe hands.
Dog walking is, at present, a mostly unregulated business, with an industry that allows unqualified, uninsured and inexperienced people to offer their services.
Working on legislation and guidelines
I have certain standards that I maintain at all times within my dog walking and pet sitting business, and you, as an owner, can be confident that your dog will be cared for and happy while you are at work, on holiday, at a family event, and whenever you trust your pet into my care.
- I maintain professional ethics and conduct within the thresholds of my authority, experience and competence.
- I comply with codes of practice regarding dog walking at all times
- I observe national legislation and relevant animal welfare and health codes
- I will agree with the requirements for the exercise regime and the service provided to the customer
- I will always evaluate the dog’s suitability against the owner’s needs on the day of the walk, and if walking more than one dog, I will assess their compatibility
- I always handle the dog correctly during the walk in a way that does not compromise the dog’s health and welfare. Dogs are monitored throughout the walk to note their mental and physical health
- The dog will always be transported safely to comply with current legislation
My extensive knowledge and involvement with dogs embrace all temperaments and breeds of dogs, whether they are energetic, large breeds or harmed rescue dogs. I believe that my canine experience has given me valuable and personal insight into how the resulting relationship between a dog and its carer can have a mutual benefit. I always ensure that the dogs I care for and walk enjoy their life to their fullest by achieving their capabilities.
My principle is that a well-exercised and well-trained dog is a content, happy dog.