Pet and House sitting is becoming more popular, especially if you are a multi-pet household or have pets who prefer the comfort of staying at their own home when you are on holiday. Then Holiday care for dogs in your own home is perfect.
I know both my dogs would be unhappy staying in kennels or a stranger’s home. Maybe yours are the same? Here at Finchley Dog Walker, we can help with “temporary fostering” your pets in their own home whilst you are away.
In addition to caring for your pet (love and cuddles, providing meals and ensuring daily play and exercise). We can also carry out other services, including feeding small pets, watering plants, and generally keeping an eye on your House. (Sorry, we are unable to provide care for snakes).
Having a pet sitter whilst you are away has many benefits,
So, here are a few facts to sum up our Holiday care for dogs in your home:
- Your pet will stay in its familiar home environment, and their routine will be maintained as much as possible
- We’re happy to keep you updated via Dropbox or Whatsapp
- Stress-free – No travelling to a strange environment, no staying with unfamiliar dogs
- You don’t have to collect your pet when you return – they’ll be at home waiting for you!
- We have experience with many different alarm systems and security locks (I used to work for a security company)
- We will handle household emergencies such as burst pipes
- We’ll set house alarms and ensure all security measures are adhered to
- Bins s will be emptied, and wheelie bins will be put out on the appropriate day
- Curtains and blinds will be opened and closed, providing a lived-in feel
- Tv, Radio and lights etc., will be turned on and off
- Remember we are Insured, and DBS verified
An initial consultation when considering home dog boarding
It is important we meet up for a discovery meeting before you go away so we can make friends with your pet(s), confirm arrangements and complete the booking. We will:
- Chat about your dog’s (and other pets’) routine – walks, feeding etc
- Confirm security arrangements, including locking up the home/alarms/keys.
- Discuss sleeping arrangements.
- Note appropriate emergency contacts, including the vets, tradespeople etc. In the unlikely event of something happening, we will keep you informed.
- Please read our Pet Sitting Checklist and Homeowners checklist.
Food and medication
It is important that enough food is left for your pet for the duration you are away, along with any required medication and instructions on administering the medicine. We have experience with ear drops, eye drops, pills, changing dressings and diabetes care.
House and Pet Sitting Rates are £50 per 24 hours as long as we can leave for up to 3 hours at a time (no more than twice a day).
We try to keep all our pricing simple and straightforward, so we charge a flat 24-hour rate rather than a nightly rate. With our pet-sitting service, it’s important we can leave your House for up to three hours a day to continue with other pet-walking jobs and other responsibilities. If your dog cannot be left for this long, then please advise us from the start as an additional charge of £50 per day will be added for a full-time pet-sitting service if needed (making a total of £100 per day)
WE DO GET EXTREMELY BUSY, AND WE CAN NOT STRESS ENOUGH TO PLEASE BOOK AS FAR IN ADVANCE AS POSSIBLE
Other services are available, including Cat sitting in the Finchley and Muswell Hill Areas. If you have any questions, please get in touch with us via phone or, If you prefer, Whatsapp.
Please also read the following related House sitting articles