Pet and house sitting are becoming more popular, especially if you are a multi-pet household or have pets who simply prefer the comfort of staying at their own home when you are on holiday, then Holiday care for dogs in your own home is perfect.
I know both my dogs would be unhappy staying in kennels or in a stranger’s home. Maybe yours are the same? Here at Finchley Dog Walker, we can help with “temporary fostering” your pets in their own home whilst you are away.
In addition to caring for your pet (love and cuddles, providing meals and ensuring daily play and exercise). We can also carry out other services, including feeding any small pets, watering plants, and generally keeping an eye on your house. (Sorry, we are unable to provide care for snakes).
Having a pet sitter whilst you away have many benefits and not just for the animals
So, a few facts to sum up our Holiday care for dogs in your own home’ :
- Your pet will stay in their familiar home environment, and their routine will be maintained
- We’re happy to keep you updated via Dropbox or Whatsapp
- Stress-free – No travelling to a strange environment, no staying with unfamiliar dogs
- You don’t have to collect your pet when you return – they’ll be at home waiting for you!
- We have experience with many different alarm systems and security locks
- We will handle household emergencies such as a burst pipe
- We’ll set house alarms and ensure all security measures are adhered to
- Bins will be emptied, and wheelie bins put out on the appropriate day
- Curtains and blinds will be opened and closed, providing a lived-in feel
- Similarly, we’ll switch on the TV, Radio and lights etc
- Remember we are Insured and DBS verified
Initial pet sitting meeting and consultation
It is important we meet up for a consolation prior to you going away so we can make friends with your pet(s), confirm arrangements and complete the booking. We will:
- Chat about your dog’s (and other pets) routine – walks, feeding etc
- Confirm security arrangements, including locking up the home/alarms/keys.
- Discuss sleeping arrangements.
- Note appropriate emergency contacts, including the vets, tradesmen etc. In the unlikely event of something happening, we will keep you fully informed.
- Please read our Pet Sitting Checklist and Homeowners checklist
Food and medication
It is important enough food is left for your pet for the duration you are away, along with any required medication and instructions on how to administer the medicine. We have experience with ear drops, eye drops, pills, changing dressings and diabetes care.
House and Pet Sitting Rates £40 per 24 hours
We try and keep all our pricing simple and clear, and so we charge a flat 24hour rate rather than a nightly rate. With our pet sitting service, it’s important we are able to leave your house for up to three hours a day to continue with other pet walking jobs and other responsibilities. If your dog cannot be left for this long, then please advise us from the start as an additional charge per day will be added for a full-time pet sitting service if needed.
Finchley Dog Walker is fully insured with Protectivity and has an enhanced DBS via the Scout Association. We have also undergone a Pro Training Animal First Aid course.
WE DO GET EXTREMELY BUSY, AND WE CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH TO PLEASE BOOK AS FAR IN ADVANCE AS POSSIBLE
We also offer Cat sitting in the Finchley and Muswell Hill Area
Please also read the following related House sitting articles