One-to-One, Solo Walks for your Dog
Walking the dog is supposed to be an enjoyable pastime, but if you’ve lived with an aggressive, or a leash-reactive pet, you will know that it’s not always the case. Do you find yourself apologising for your noisy, snarling dog, or end up hiding behind trees in the park while another dog passes by?
There are many reasons why sometimes it’s best to walk a dog alone. Perhaps your pet is older and unable to keep up with the more energetic pups, or they may not enjoy being sociable around other dogs.
Benefits of One-to-One walks
- Allows your pet to walk at their own speed, more beneficial for an older dog
- Individual walks will give your dog undivided attention, stimulation and play time
- Fantastic way to tire out boisterous and energetic breeds
- More suitable for less sociable dogs who prefer their own company
- Regular, One-to-One Walks will introduce discipline to dogs who are more anxious and easily upset
- Your dog receives heaps of affection and quality time while their “parent” is at work
We can arrange our One-to-One walks on a regular daily basis, or as one-off event when you aren’t able to walk your pet. While we are walking your dog, either in a group or on a solo walk, they will come across other dogs, humans and perhaps even other animals, not to mention other scents and noises that they probably haven’t experienced before. The aim of our walks is to not only exercise your dog, but also to encourage confidence and to help him to be more relaxed and balanced.
What we Offer
- We will collect your dog from your home and return him after a walk
- Our walks are normally for a one hour period, but can be for longer if requested
- We cater for the precise needs of your dog with a tailored walk
- We provide quality walk time in a stimulating, pleasant and safe outdoor setting
- Masses of playtime and (with the owner’s consent) time off the lead
|We have a boxer Oscar who really looks forward to his weekly walks with Derek . We have used finchley dog walking services for over a year now and have found Derek to be very reliable , understanding and always willing to give time to chat about healthy eating, treats he makes himself and dog behaviour.Juliet, North Finchley N12|
If your dog has any behavioural problems, we can work on their aggressive or reactive actions. I use positive training methods, working together and with understanding to diminish any outbursts and symptoms of underlying negative emotions, such as trauma, unease or fear.
Solo Dog Walking Services
Step 1 Consultation meet and greet
I will visit your home at a pre-arranged time, to introduce myself to both you and your dog. We will discuss your expectations and requirements for our dog walks.
Step 2 Dog walking programme
Based on our discussions, I will put together a walking plan and decide routes to provide fun and safe walks for your dog, of course ensuring that we follow a consistent routine of rules.
Step 3 On our way
We will begin our walks, picking up your dog from your home. I place emphasis on games and exercise routines to keep him occupied, so he isn’t thinking about cyclists, cars, people and other dogs, or anything else that your dog has an issue with. Our ongoing training will help to condition your dog and change the way that he thinks about anxieties and irritants and to prevent the lunging and barking problems.
Step 4 You return home to a relaxed and happy pet
Your dog will have had his daily exercise, and will be tired and relaxed. You don’t have tackle an anxious walk around the park with a dog who is usually reactive.
Finchley Dog Walker understands that group socialisation is important for all canines, but we are also aware that in some cases, solo dog walks are a better solution. If you feel that your dog would benefit from a Solo Dog Walk, please contact me to discuss or request further details.
Finchley Dog Walker has support from Tip Top Dog School www.tiptopdogschool.co.uk
Take a look at our Reactive Dog Article